- Smith's #One2Eleven
On Christmas Eve the Soccer Saturday pundits Paul Merson, Phil Thompson, Matt Le Tissier and Charlie Nicholas will pick their Ultimate Premier League #One2Eleven. Tune in to Sky Sports 1 HD at 6pm to see who made their team.
- Southend held to stalemate
Southend United and Burton Albion could not be separated at Roots Hall tonight as an uneventful encounter ended 0-0.
- Pearson banned for one match
Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson has received a one-match touchline ban and £10,000 fine from the Football Association after admitting to using "abusive and/or insulting words towards a spectator".
- Lambert: United are contenders
Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert believes Saturday's opponents Manchester United can still win the Barclays Premier League title this season.
- Walsall to lean to Cain again
Walsall manager Dean Smith is close to sealing a loan extension for Leicester midfielder Michael Cain.
- QPR v West Brom preview
Queens Park Rangers entertain West Bromwich Albion at Loftus Road on Saturday knowing a win will move them level on points with their opponents in the Premier League.
- Chesterfield bring in Beresford
Chesterfield manager Paul Cook has signed teenage midfielder Billy Beresford on a non-contract basis.
- Aston Villa v Man Utd preview
Aston Villa play host to in-form Manchester United at Villa Park on Saturday afternoon looking to record an all-too-rare victory against the Red Devils.
- Coventry v Fleetwood preview
- Irvine: Berahino ready to fire again
West Brom head coach Alan Irvine is expecting Saido Berahino to return to form after resting the striker for the last two games.
- Pearson all set for FA hearing
Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson has welcomed the chance to have a personal hearing with the Football Association.
- Lambert: Keane did visit Cleverley
Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has confirmed his former assistant Roy Keane did turn up at Tom Cleverley's house this week.
- Southend v Burton preview
- Pearce: Embargo could boost us
Nottingham Forest manager Stuart Pearce says the club's transfer embargo could end up having a positive effect on the team's hopes of reaching the Premier League.
- Merson's predictions
Paul predicts wins for Chelsea, Man City and West Ham, QPR to continue their impressive home form and a pair of draws on a titanic Super Sunday.
- Lascelles bailed on charge
Nottingham Forest defender Jamaal Lascelles has appeared in court over an alleged bar assault.
- Pugh close to Coventry return
Coventry defender Danny Pugh is closing in on a return to first-team action after his two-month injury lay-off.
- Pearson accepts FA charge
Nigel Pearson has accepted a Football Association charge following an incident with a fan during Leicester's 3-1 defeat to Liverpool.
- Ideal birthday gift for Grayson
Simon Grayson believes Preston require a more clinical edge despite seeing them beat Notts County 1-0 in the JPT on Tuesday.
- McClaren: We were robbed
Steve McClaren slammed the decision to send Jake Buxton off as “ridiculous” as they lost 3-1 to Chelsea in the Capital One Cup.
- Gray offered new City deal
Demarai Gray has been offered a two-year extension by Birmingham City after the winger's breakthrough this season.
- Mourinho thrilled by Fabregas
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho hailed the impact of Cesc Fabregas in his side’s win over Derby in the Capital One Cup.
- Huntington sends Preston through
Paul Huntington's first-half goal fired Preston to a 1-0 victory over Notts County in the JPT Northern Area semi-final on Tuesday.
- Wasps up for Coventry - Goode
The Wasps players are desperate to succeed in Coventry, says Andy Goode, following their controversial move from Adams Park.
- Chelsea see off 10-man Derby
Chelsea beat 10-man Derby 3-1 at the iPro Stadium on Tuesday to advance to the last four of the Capital One Cup.
- Birmingham agree Morrison deal
Birmingham have reached an agreement to sign Charlton defender Michael Morrison on a permanent transfer.
- Life ban for Spireites 'fan'
Chesterfield have banned for life a supporter who taunted Bradford fans online about the Valley Parade fire disaster.
- Turner apologises to fans
Chesterfield chief executive Chris Turner has apologised to the club’s fans after they were ordered to replay the second-round FA Cup tie against MK Dons.
- McClaren: FA must act on divers
Steve McClaren has urged the Football Association to clamp down on diving ahead of Derby's meeting with Chelsea.
- <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href='http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship' class='instorylink'>Championship goals</a>
Watch all the goals from the weekend, including Bournemouth's eight-goal thriller with Cardiff.
- Boro are a real team
Watford midfielder Keith Andrews discuses high-flying Middlesbrough, Championship leaders Bournemouth, as well as the fortunes of Brighton and Wigan...
- Notts County v Preston preview
Team news for Tuesday's Johnstone's Paint Trophy clash between Notts County and Preston North End at Meadow Lane.
- McClaren: Chelsea so strong
Derby manager Steve McClaren says he can find no weaknesses in Chelsea’s squad ahead of Tuesday’s Capital One Cup quarter-final.
- Chesterfield to replay MK Dons
Chesterfield have been ordered to replay their FA Cup second round tie with MK Dons having fielded an ineligible player in the initial 1-0 victory.
- Don's FL72 Review
Bamford making Boro genuine contenders
- Quinn: Opportunity for Derby
Niall Quinn looks ahead to the quarter-finals of the Capital One Cup and expects tricky tests for Chelsea and Southampton on Tuesday evening.
- Derby v Chelsea preview
Chelsea’s Capital One Cup campaign continues as they face a potentially tricky trip to high-flying Championship side Derby in the last eight.
- Gardner: Victory proves unity
- Robinson leaves Leicester role
Leicester City have sacked their director of football Terry Robinson although manager Nigel Pearson remains in charge despite the club’s poor run of results which has seen the Foxes slump to the base of the Premier League table.
- <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href='http://www1.skysports.com/football/transfer-paper-talk' class='instorylink'>Paper Talk</a>
Leicester in the running to sign Jermain Defoe next month, while Tim Sherwood is linked with the Brighton job.
- Pressley keen to build on win
- Hasselbaink hails Burton squad
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink praised his Burton promotion chasers for getting their timing right in a 4-0 defeat of managerless Hartlepool.
- Morsy to pay for costly red
Paul Cook warned that Sam Morsy could be in hot water after his dismissal in the 1-0 defeat to Bradford.
- Smith salutes fantastic Cook
Dean Smith praised Jordan Cook after the striker scored twice to help Walsall extend their unbeaten league run to six games.
- Derry give credit to Swindon
Notts County boss Shaun Derry conceded that Swindon were a class above his side after the Magpies slipped to a 3-0 defeat.
- Pearson: We deserved more
Nigel Pearson was pleased with the efforts of his Leicester City players despite seeing them lose 1-0 to Manchester City.
- Rare away win for Coventry
Reda Johnson headed his fifth goal as Coventry earned only their second away win of the season with a 2-0 win at Port Vale.
- Cook stars in Walsall triumph
Striker Jordan Cook scored two goals and made the other as Walsall came from behind to beat Barnsley 3-1 at the Banks's Stadium.
- Clarke delivers Birthday treat
A spectacular second-half goal by Billy Clarke earned Bradford a 1-0 victory over 10-man Chesterfield.
- Villa chairman set to spend
Aston Villa's chief executive Tom Fox has revealed that Randy Lerner will be looking to invest in new players during the January transfer window.
- Walsall v Barnsley preview
- Port Vale v Coventry preview
Team news for Saturday's League One clash between Port Vale and Coventry City at Vale Park.
- Notts County v Swindon preview
Team news for Saturday's League One clash between Notts County and Swindon Town at the County Ground.
- Pellegrini stays focused
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini says winning the Premier League remains as important to him as success in the Champions League.
- Burton v Hartlepool preview
- Simpson set for City challenge
Danny Simpson insists Leicester can shock Manchester City when the champions visit the King Power Stadium on Saturday.
- Lambert backs Benteke to stay cool
- West Brom v Aston Villa preview
Aston Villa will aim to record their third Premier League win in a row when they visit badly out-of-form Midlands rivals West Bromwich Albion.
- Brunt wary of Benteke threat
- Bristol City in southern final
Aaron Wilbraham netted his 13th goal of the season as Bristol City clinched a place in the southern final of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy with a 2-0 victory over Coventry at Ashton Gate.
- Pressley sets sights on Wembley
Steven Pressley insists Coventry must target Wembley ahead of their Johnstone's Paint Trophy area semi-final at Bristol City.
- Keogh on course to tackle Boro
Captain Richard Keogh is expected to return to the Derby squad that travels to Middlesbrough at the weekend.
- Smith eyes Wembley date
Dean Smith backed Walsall to book a historic date at Wembley after their JPT penalty shoot-out win over Tranmere.
- DIsallowed goal angers Dickov
Paul Dickov felt Doncaster were denied victory in the JPT Northern Area quarter-final against Notts County by referee David Webb.
- Notts County make JPT area semis
Notts County won 1-0 at Doncaster to set up a Northern Area semi-final clash with Preston in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.
- Walsall book JPT area final spot
Walsall beat Tranmere 5-4 on penalties after a 2-2 draw in normal time to seal their place in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Northern Area final.
- Brunt 'touch and go' for derby
- Wolves win Van La Parra appeal
Wolves have won their appeal against Rajiv van La Parra's red card against Bournemouth - but Matt Doherty's dismissal will stand.
- Villa's Westwood out injured
Aston Villa midfielder Ashley Westwood is set to be out for three to four weeks after suffering a medial ligament injury.
- Konchesky red card rescinded
Paul Konchesky has won an appeal against his red card during Leicester's defeat at Aston Villa on Sunday.
- Bristol City v Coventry preview
Team news for Wednesday's Johnstone's Paint trophy clash between Bristol City and Coventry City at Ashton Gate.
- Chesterfield hearing set
Chesterfield officials are to attend a personal hearing at Wembley next week after being charged by the Football Association for fielding an ineligible player in the second round of the FA Cup.
- Pressley braced for January sales
Steven Pressley admits he faces a transfer battle with the Coventry boss braced for the January sales.